The Hyndburn Business Awards 2022 took place on Thursday June 16 in the Pendle Suite at the stunning Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel in Clayton-le-Moors.
Over 240 guests including finalists, sponsors, supporters and volunteers attended the Art Deco themed black tie event.
A brilliant reception, kindly sponsored by the Dunkenhalgh, greeted guests on arrival. Many made the most of the warm summer night, gathering and socializing in the hotel’s beautiful gardens and posting their photos on social media.
During the delicious three-course dinner, Britain’s Got Talent finalist Jasper Cherry performed table magic, wowing guests with his fabulous tricks. Swing singer and consummate showman, Arthur Geldard also entertained the room, interacting and serenading many ladies (and gentlemen!) much to his delight.
The evening’s MC was experienced presenter, Simon Brierley, from the ceremony’s sponsors, the East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce. The awards were officially opened by the Mayor of Hyndburn, Councilor Abdul Khan, who expressed his pleasure at having so many local businesses celebrating together. Jason Govindji-Bruce from Title Sponsors NORI HR & Employment Law shared how proud NORI is to be a part of the Hyndburn business community and to sponsor the awards. Owen Phillips, from Community Foundation for Lancashire, a charity partner, briefed guests on the work CFL does throughout the borough and county, helping businesses and individuals support charities for causes close to their hearts.
Sixteen different prize categories were up for grabs, with some having nearly 50 entries and only four finalists having been shortlisted by HBA judges and sponsors. The awards were presented after dinner, on stage, by the sponsors of the category.
The main prize of the night, the Beacon Award, was presented at the end of the ceremony to the most inspiring entry in all categories. It went to Stacy Walsh and the wonderful team of volunteers at the Hyndburn Food Pantry. Unlike a traditional food bank, Pantry provides choice and dignity to its users, allowing them to pay a small amount to set up their own store and choose the items they like and need. Visitors can grab a beer and chat with the friendly team who provide a lifeline to more than 875 homes in the area.
The hotly contested Family Business category, new for 2022, was won by Threlfall’s Farm Dairies, who were on hand to receive their trophy. There was also a welcome return of the Apprentice of the Year, crowned Saul Ashcroft of NW Motors.
The HBA22 winners were:
- Trainee of the Year sponsored by Carter Clear Accounting Ltd – Won by Saul Ashcroft of NW Motors
- Unique Merchant Sponsored by Unique Ladies, Hyndburn – Won by East Lancs Hot Tub Hire
- New business sponsored by Woodcocks Haworth and Nuttall Solicitors – Won by Holy Cannoli
- Great Company sponsored by +24 Marketing – Won by Barcode Logistics Ltd
- Creative Business Sponsored by Carers Link Lancashire – Won by My Colorful Memories CIC
- Health and beauty business sponsored by Accrington Stanley Women FC – Won by Arena Hair & Beauty
- Food and Beverage Business Sponsored by Liz Henson Photography – Won by Westend Fish and Chips
- Medium Business Sponsored by Silverwoods Waste Management – Won for Civic Arts Center and Theater
- Small business sponsored by The Small Business Academy – Won by Education Business Partnership (NW) Ltd
- Microenterprise sponsored by Hyndburn Arts – Won by KTZ DANCE
- Independent Retailer Sponsored by Acorn Community News – Won by The Lancashire Dog Company
- Workforce Development sponsored by Nelson & Colne College Group – Won by No Dig Drainage Solutions Ltd
- Family business sponsored by TEN Legal Solicitors – Earned by Threlfall’s Farm Dairies
- Made in Hyndburn sponsored by Anthem Engagement – Won by Hyndburn Food Pantry
- Customer Friendly Business sponsored by Essentialise Workplace Wellbeing – Won by the Lancashire Women
- Non-profit sponsored by Community Foundation for Lancashire – Won by Carers Link Lancashire
- Beacon Award sponsored by lovelocalsolutions ltd – Won by Hyndburn Food Pantry
Organizer Rachel Kay said: “It’s the first time we’ve held the awards at Dunkenhalgh and it was an absolutely brilliant night. There was a lot of cheering, drumming, rumbling and laughter throughout the night so we’re pretty sure everyone enjoyed “. We were very well looked after by the hotel team and the food was delicious, the air conditioning in the Pendle Suite was also very welcome.
“I would like to give a huge congratulations to all of our wonderful winners and to each of our finalists who should be incredibly proud of themselves for being on the shortlist. We are so grateful to our sponsors for supporting the event, especially our title sponsors NORI HR, our volunteers and core team for helping make this happen, our nominees for participating and the entire Hyndburn community for nominating.”
The Hyndburn Business Awards will be held again in spring 2023 with nominations opening at the end of March. Various sponsorship opportunities are also available, for more information visit the website at hyndburnbusinessawards.co.uk and to mingle with the HBA team and see the latest news like their facebook page on facebook. com/hyndburnbusinessawards.
Photo credits: Liz Henson Photography www.lizhenson.co.uk